The IWPCT will take place in-person
March 13-15, 2023, in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Scope of the Workshop
The topics covered by the Workshop are the following:
- Plasma sources and plasma equipment used for cancer treatment;
- Plasma-cancer interactions: experiments, modeling and simulation;
- Destruction of cancer cells by plasma;
- Mechanisms of plasma selectivity towards cancer cells;
- Plasma-liquid interaction / plasma chemistry in biological liquids / plasma activated media for cancer treatment;
- Clinical and animal studies of cancer treatment by plasma.
Thanks to a generous donation from Plasmend Medical, we will have 2 Student Awards ($125 Visa gift cards each) for Best Poster and Best Oral Presentation. Students automatically qualify for the awards when they registered as student for the conference. The International Scientific Committee of the IWPCT will judge the contributions. Awards will be announced during the Closing Ceremony on Wednesday.
Previous workshops in this series
IWPCT 2014: Washington D.C., U.S.A. – 25-26 March 2014
IWPCT 2015: Nagoya, Japan – 16-17 March 2015
IWPCT 2016: Washington D.C., U.S.A. – 11-12 April 2016 – IWPCT 2016 video
IWPCT 2017: Paris, France – 27-28 March 2017
IWPCT 2018: Greifswald, Germany – 20-21 March 2018 – IWPCT 2018 video
IWPCT 2019: Antwerp, Belgium – 1-3 April 2019
IWPCT 2021: Barcelona, Spain (virtual) – June 28-30 2021
We gratefully acknowledge the support of Plasmend Medical and the NCSU College of Engineering Graduate Programs as well as the Department of Nuclear Engineering.